Slaughter Bridge is just north of the Cornish town of Camelford. The putative battle site of Camlann is Slaughter Bridge is on the grounds of Worthyvale Manor, the former house of the Lord of Falmouth. There is the visitor's center, the Slaughter Bridge battlefield , and "Arthur's Tomb", marked by The Arthur Stone on the banks of the River Camel
There are many reports of armour and other relics of battle being unearthed at Slaughter Bridge, but these could well be from a separate battle fought near here in the 800s.
Slaughter Bridge has perhaps the strongest legendary and folk association with Arthurs last battle. This is due in part to King Arthur's "tomb" the Arthur Stone which has a Latin inscription and is obviously a monument. Alfred, Lord Tennyson described Arthur's Stone after a visit there on June 7, 1848.
There is, as with most things to do with King Arthur, scope for confusion because of the illegibility of the inscription. The last five letters, AGARI, are written in a way that could be construed to be ATRY, which was a form of Arthur's name. Today, it is recognised that this stone has no relation to a historical Arthur, and is believed to in fact read " [h]ic iacit filius Magari" (Here lies son of Magarus)
However Slaughter Bridge still remains a candidate for the Camlann battle site.
Cornwall sites with King Arthur connections